It's Bloom Time
Saturday, March 1, 2008
Last week my parents called to see if I was aware of the lunar eclipse occurring that night. Well I wasn't, and they wanted to make sure I didn't miss out on such a infrequent event. Upon going outside I found and even more infrequent event was already taking place in the Arizona desert - rain and thunderstorm!
Actually we've have a pretty wet winter so far (like 3 inches), but that ends up being 10 feet if snow in the mountains and fills our reservoirs. It also means we are likely to have a great desert wildflower season....in our backyard!
There is an area near the pool pump that had about 10 flowering plants two years ago, 30+ last year, and judging from this photo:
I can't even count how many we'll get. But I'll post more photos.
Here's the first bloom:
Posted by Mark and Sinziana 4:09 PM
Labels: casita


