Favs: Home | Jae's Blog | Anu and Manish | Phoenix Suns | About



Zounds - Year in Review

I meant to post this back in June, but well I've been busy. But since the end of the year is coming around the corner I guess I can make something out of it. So here's my



MusicPlaylistRingtones
Music Playlist at MixPod.com


The year in review is 2008 - the year I found or re-discovered cool albums. The album may not have come out '08, but its new to me and may be new to you (gone are the days browsing Recycled Records, Record Swap, Parasol, Record Service, and Zia Records was possibility). So now on occasion I stumble across something....
  • Sloan: Never Hear the End of It. - Sprawling with 2-3 minute songs and all over the map but all in Sloan-style. Canadiens. Check out Parallel Play too.

  • Spoon: Ga Ga Ga - Good stuff.
  • REM: Accelerate - This is more my style of REM, in the same vein as New Adventures in Hi-Fi
  • Raconteurs: Consolers of the Lonely- Dropkick to the jewels when it wants to.
  • Ben Harper: Lifeline - Best album in years. Solid with a fist of soul. Recorded in 7 days - all analog tape - no digital stuff. For realz.
  • Ryan Adams: Easy Tiger & Follow the Lights -

Posted by Mark and Sinziana 10:37 PM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment