Horsing Around
Tuesday, February 27, 2007
All that time and money spent on our dog's PetsMart training...
While hiking the Phoenix Mountain Preserve this weekend February 24, 2007, we ventured off of Trail 8A onto 100 heading west towards Dreamy Draw. It wasn't crowded and we took Lulu off the leash. She does pretty good and typically stays within 25 feet and notices when we whistle or stop. Normally we see other hikers coming and when they do (sometimes with their own dogs) we re-leash Lulu. But this time we were approached from behind be a man on horse. Lulu has never seen a horse and ran over to it and wouldn't stop following it, despite the horseman's repeated "GIT!"s. We couldn't really yell for fear of spooking the horse. I think Lulu could've been kicked in the head pretty easily as she tried to "greet" the horse the way that dogs normally greet, sniffin' the booty. At least the horse was well trained and remained calm, I wish we could say the same of Lu. I think she finally gave up because the booty was too tall (and I was calling her name in my deepest voice).
Lulu was leashed for the remainder of the hike and her rock hard head is still intact.
Posted by Mark and Sinziana 8:27 AM
Labels: lulu
1 Comment:
-
- Cancer said...
February 27, 2007 at 6:55 PMI thought Lulu ran away as I read your blog. Glad everything worked out. I would suggest learning to say "BAD DOG, BAD DOG!"


